If energy-saving tips and tricks are not used, commercial refrigeration units can lead to a large bill that could run into the thousands. These units are used for heat and cold processes, and are mainly used in the food and processing industries.
To protect different types of food products, many grocery stores have deep freezers. According to the Energy Department, commercial refrigeration uses approximately 17,000 KWh of electricity. Larger units could use up to 38,000 KWh of electricity.
These are four energy-saving techniques that can increase the efficiency of refrigerators.
1.Cleaning The System
To maximize the life expectancy of your condenser or evaporator coils, they should be clean and free from dirt. It will work harder if it has dirty coils. It will draw the amps as a result. To save energy, it is recommended to clean and keep the coils clean. This will save you money.
2.Choose Good Refrigeration Equipment
To save money on your electricity bill, it is recommended to buy the energy-saving refrigerator unit. These are some of the options available to you:
- To extend the life of your machine, choose energy-saving models.
- The controller is equipped with energy-saving techniques that will increase the equipment’s performance.
- Insulation systems with 75 mm thickness or higher efficiency are more efficient.
- Cabinets with qualitative gaskets and self-closing doors will ensure a tight seal.
3.Follows Energy Department Standards
Refrigerators that are purchased by grocery stores and food industries must comply with the Energy Department’s latest standards. These standards will improve the efficiency of your refrigerator by up to 30%. These standards will reduce unnecessary energy consumption, thereby saving money on your bills.
- The anti-sweat heaters can cause condensation on the display doors.
- Installation of motion detectors to control lighting system
- Regular inspections should be made of the operation of the automatic door closer.
These refrigerators can be maintained by taking preventive steps to reduce energy consumption. Owners can seek out services from a well-respected company that offers guaranteed parts. This will reduce the equipment’s running costs by nearly 20%. These are some of the best tips for maintaining refrigeration equipment.
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- To reduce the chance of equipment breaking down, you should adhere to the maintenance schedule.
- Make sure to inspect the gaskets on self-closing doors and gaskets. The best service providers will do a thorough cleaning.